Professor, Alex Favour Okwuashi was born on the 4th of July, 1961. He is a Logistician/Consultant and expert in Shipping/ Port Affairs. Professor Okwuashi has spent over 30 years teaching, working and consulting in Maritime Transport-Shipping, Ports and Logistics Management. He is an alumnus of; UNIBEN, DELSU, LAUTECH, ESAE.
Professor Okwuashi holds degrees of B. Sience Degree in Business Administration & Management, B.A, Management, M.A Management, Master of Business Administration (MBA- Management)
M.Sc Maritime Transport management,- ( Maritime Labour – Legislation)
Master Degree in Transport Management (MTM) with specialisation in Shipping Management.
Ph.D in Business Administration & Management
P. h.D in Maritime Transport Management.
Ph.D in public Administration, 2004,
Doctorate- DHS Degree in Shipping Operation & Management,
Ph.D Honorary Award in Theology & Ministry, and various Felowships of professional bodies
- Fellow Chartered Institute of Shipping (FCIS),
- Fellow Chartered lnstitute of Local Government and Public Administration,
- Fellow Institute of Security, Nigeria (FISN).
- Former Commercial Manager- Shipping Operations at Globe Shipping Lines, Lagos.
- Operation Manager New Nigerian Merchants Ltd. Managing Director Delta Petroleum Nig Ltd.
- Chairman Delta OceanLines& Marine Services.
- Proprietor of The Certified Institute of Shipping of Nigeria (CISN) and College of Maritime Transport Management & Technology (COMAT)
Professor, Alex Okwuashi was a Vice Chairman in Oshimili North Local government, Delta State, Nigeria. He was director in several other companies not mentioned here. etc.